Chewy and perfectly spiced. Layer on a taco (or burrito) with your favorite toppings for the ultimate vegan taco. These can be made ahead and reheated making dinner a breeze.
- 1 tablespoon light oil (such as canola or vegetable)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (gluten-free if preferred)
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (optional for spice)
- 1 350g block extra-firm tofu, drained (no need to press it)
- 3/4 – 1 1/4 cups Two Men and a Garden salsa
Preheat your oven to 350F (180C). Line with parchment paper or lightly grease a large baking sheet.
Mix the oil, soy sauce, and all the spices in a large bowl. It will make a brown paste-like texture.
Crumble the block of tofu with your fingers into the bowl with the seasoning. Mix the tofu crumbles with the seasoning making sure all of the tofu is evenly coated. Spread the tofu crumbles evenly over the pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, stopping to stir the tofu every now and then. Keep a close eye on it towards the end so that it doesn’t burn. You want the tofu to be nice and browned. The smaller crumbles will be darker than the larger crumbles, and that’s okay because it will provide a variety of texture.
Remove the tofu crumbles from the oven and add to a pan with the 3/4 cup Two Men and a Garden salsa. You may need more salsa depending on how watery the salsa is and how wet you would like your tofu crumbles to be, add more salsa to taste. Heat through and serve hot on taco shells with desired toppings or in a burrito.